Apricot-Banana Quick Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into the banana mixture. Stir in apricots and lemon zest.
- Transfer to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 168 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 12, 2014
Good recipe to use up my big bag of dried apricots from Costco. It made 3 small loaves.
Jun 22, 2009
I substituted dried blueberries for the apricots and made muffins. They were delicious! My three year old devoured them!