While they're full of good-for-you ingredients, these candies will satisfy any sweet tooth as well. I "gift-wrap" them in colorful mini muffin papers nestled in a tin.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups dried apricots
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- In a food processor, combine apricot and milk powder; pulse until apricots are finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add the coconut, syrup, milk and butter; mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in wheat germ. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 153 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Balls in Country Woman Christmas Volume 1
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.