Apricot Angel Brownies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until blended. Set aside. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine apricots, almonds and coconuts; stir half into the batter.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle remaining apricot mixture on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 91 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Apr 9, 2017
These blonde fruit brownies are a nice change of pace from the chocolate ones.
Jan 1, 2014
These have been a favorite at our house for years. They often surprise people who didn't know they liked apricots!. Yummy!
Nov 17, 2012
Very good. Different but thoroughly enjoyable!
Nov 17, 2012
THESE ARE AWESOME! What a great alternative to a brownie or a plain old blondie. They're pretty on a dessert plate and the flavor is just fantastic. I'll definitely make these again!
Apr 21, 2011
My husband loves Apricot so I tried this recipe. It is good but very expensive to make so I will only make it for Christmas or special occasions.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.