Apricot Almond Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and almonds in butter until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, stuffing, apricots and seasonings.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 570mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2007
I make a dressing, similar to this, with cranberries, apples, sausage, onions, celery and poultry seasoning, moistened with melted butter and chicken stock. I cook it in a crockpot...and the flavor is really good, BUT the texture never turns out light and fluffy. There is always a heaviness to the dressing. I don't know it it's because I am adding too much liquid, or if I should avoid turning it as it cooks, or what. I've tried adding beaten eggs to the dressing, but that hasn't helped to lighten the density. Any ideas?