Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, broth and mustard. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 19, 2013
This was just ok. The sauce was tasty enough, but the hunk of chicken was still rather bland.
May 21, 2012
I originally rated this recipe on 4/8/10. In response to "kpmorrow," peach preserves can be substituted for the apricot preserves. The recipe is equally delicious. Also, toasting the almonds in the oven before use gives them more flavor. I have used this recipe over and over and have received numerous requests for it. Absolutely delicious!
Feb 16, 2012
What would be a good substitute for the apricot preserves?
Feb 7, 2012
Very juicy, tasty, quick and easy. Love it!
Nov 13, 2011
Hubby and I love this! Excellent flavor.
Apr 27, 2011
So yummy and quick. It's a keeper!
Apr 18, 2010
They weren't lying when they said this is a quick and delicious recipe. I was amazed that such a simple glaze could do so much for a plain chicken breast.
Apr 8, 2010
This recipe is definitely a keeper! The apricot preserves give the chicken a slight tint of sweetness and flavor. The almonds gives the chicken a slight crunchy taste. I used regular chicken broth rather than low-sodium. Absolutely delicious!
Apr 8, 2010
My husband and I both loved this. Would definitely make it again.
Mar 26, 2010
I love this recipe. It is so easy to make. I substituted honey for the honey mustard. (I don't like mustard in anything) I will be making this again real soon.