Apricot-Almond Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the preserves, broth and mustard. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 372 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 3 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 19, 2013
This was just ok. The sauce was tasty enough, but the hunk of chicken was still rather bland.
May 21, 2012
I originally rated this recipe on 4/8/10. In response to "kpmorrow," peach preserves can be substituted for the apricot preserves. The recipe is equally delicious. Also, toasting the almonds in the oven before use gives them more flavor. I have used this recipe over and over and have received numerous requests for it. Absolutely delicious!
Feb 16, 2012
What would be a good substitute for the apricot preserves?
Feb 7, 2012
Very juicy, tasty, quick and easy. Love it!
Nov 13, 2011
Hubby and I love this! Excellent flavor.
Apr 27, 2011
So yummy and quick. It's a keeper!
Apr 18, 2010
They weren't lying when they said this is a quick and delicious recipe. I was amazed that such a simple glaze could do so much for a plain chicken breast.
Apr 8, 2010
This recipe is definitely a keeper! The apricot preserves give the chicken a slight tint of sweetness and flavor. The almonds gives the chicken a slight crunchy taste. I used regular chicken broth rather than low-sodium. Absolutely delicious!
Apr 8, 2010
My husband and I both loved this. Would definitely make it again.
Mar 26, 2010
I love this recipe. It is so easy to make. I substituted honey for the honey mustard. (I don't like mustard in anything) I will be making this again real soon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.