Apricot Almond Bars Recipe
My friend Edie Mueller brought these beautiful bars to my Christmas cookie exchange, and I wouldn't let her leave without passing on the recipe!—Arliene Hillinger, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat flour, sugar, butter and shortening. Pat into the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. For topping, beat egg, sugar, preserves, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth. Spread over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Yield: 15 servings.
2 each: 198 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apricot Almond Bars
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC