Applescotch Crisp Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Place the apples in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, water and milk. Pour over apples. In another bowl, combine oats, pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the remaining flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Applescotch Crisp
"I've made this for years in a pie shell. It's always a delicious hit! Occasionally I'll add some pecan pieces to the topping. Yum!"
"This is the best apple crisp ever it is requested very often"
"This is a great recipe. I've been making it since 1974. I discovered it on a can of Del Monte peaches. The only difference is the liquid. My recipe uses 3/4 cup reserved juices instead of milk and water for the filling."
"this sound's great I will suely try it. thank's.sandy skarupa from Troy Ohio"