- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the apples in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, water and milk. Pour over apples.
- In another bowl, combine oats, pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the remaining flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forApplescotch Crisp
"I've made this for years in a pie shell. It's always a delicious hit! Occasionally I'll add some pecan pieces to the topping. Yum!"
"This is the best apple crisp ever it is requested very often"
"This is a great recipe. I've been making it since 1974. I discovered it on a can of Del Monte peaches. The only difference is the liquid. My recipe uses 3/4 cup reserved juices instead of milk and water for the filling."
"this sound's great I will suely try it. thank's.sandy skarupa from Troy Ohio"