During the holidays, using your slow cooker not only frees up oven space, but time, too! Sweet potatoes are a must on our family menu, and this no-fuss version will have everyone thinking you spent hours in the kitchen. —Pamela Allen, Marysville, Ohio
Featured In: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped, optional
- Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Applesauce Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p18
Reviews forApplesauce Sweet Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review