Applesauce Spice Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sweetened applesauce (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed. Bake according to bread machine directions.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 107 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Nov 5, 2015
I wonder if you could switch this recipe to oven bake?Cook book Mom.. under the picture it states recipe photo by Taste Of Home.. it must be from the test kitchen.
Mar 7, 2014
did not have apple spice, used pumpkin spice and this was wonderful... later used apple spice, but the family prefers pumpkin spice..
May 18, 2011
it sounds good, i'll try it.
Dec 12, 2010
Moist and tasty -- great for breakfast especially.
Nov 29, 2010
Didn't appeal to us at all. The bread pictured above is not for this recipe, by the way!
Oct 25, 2010
Easy to throw everything in the bread machine. Very good toasted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.