Applesauce/Sausage Waffles Recipe
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a another bowl, beat egg yolks lightly. Add milk, applesauce and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Drain sausage; add to batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 8 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
1 each: 484 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce/Sausage Waffles
"When I made these, my husband said, "You sure do make good waffles!" I will make these again."