- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- In a skillet, brown and crumble sausage until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a another bowl, beat egg yolks lightly. Add milk, applesauce and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Drain sausage; add to batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 8 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
Reviews forApplesauce/Sausage Waffles
"When I made these, my husband said, "You sure do make good waffles!" I will make these again."