These dainty applesauce-and cheese-filled wedges were sent in by Sharon Triplett of Hendersonville, Tennessee. "They're delicious with extra applesauce or plain yogurt," she recommends.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with applesauce; sprinkle with cheese and cinnamon-sugar if desired. Top with remaining tortillas. Brush tops with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each into eight wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 38 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Applesauce Quesadillas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001