These dainty applesauce-and cheese-filled wedges were sent in by Sharon Triplett of Hendersonville, Tennessee. "They're delicious with extra applesauce or plain yogurt," she recommends.
Recommended: 52 Sweet and Savory Apple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with applesauce; sprinkle with cheese and cinnamon-sugar if desired. Top with remaining tortillas. Brush tops with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each into eight wedges. Yield: 16 wedges.
Originally published as Applesauce Quesadillas in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p38