- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown roast on all sides in oil. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine the applesauce, mustard and honey; spread over roast. Top with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forApplesauce Pork Loin
"Tried this last night and we loved it. It is the first time I can ever recall my husband asking what I did to make it so tender. Definitely a keeper."
"This would be a nice presentation for a hosted dinner. The applesauce kept the roast moist."
"delicious! applesauce mix made it extra moist and flavorful."
"Awesome! I made this for my friend and we both loved it! Definitely going into my Family Favorites file."
"Excellent! I used 1/3 of the mustard (I used yellow, that is all I had). I will for sure make this again."
"I made this following the recipe exactly and it turned out moist, tender and tasting AMAZING!!! My new fave!!!"
"Perfect every time. I gave this recipe to everyone I could after I tried it the first time. Giving er a try on the barbeque tonight (wrapping it in foil). I'll post again to let you all know how it worked out!"
"Can't wait to try it on the grill"
"I would make this again, leaving out the mustard."