- 4 rib pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red apple
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken-flavored wild rice mix
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown pork chops in oil on both sides; drain. Cut four thin wedges from apple; set aside. Peel and chop remaining apple. Add chopped apple, applesauce, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to skillet. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Remove pork chops and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return chops to skillet and heat through.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with reserved apple wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApplesauce Pork Chops
"Very moist and flavorful. I did not make the rice however."
"I decided to try something new because I feel like we always eat the same type of things. I decided to make this and although it turned out good, I don't think I will be making it again. It was too sweet for my tasted and I did not really like the combination of the pork with the applesauce."
"Hubby liked it, but it was pretty sweet for my taste. I think it would have been better with the applesauce halved or omitted, but leave the diced apple. I could not taste any garlic, but then again we really like garlic. I probably won't make this recipe again unless hubby requests it."
"I really liked this recipe, it was exactly what I was hoping for. It was flavorful. The consistency of the sauce was perfect. I will make again."
"used twice the spices except half extra garlic good reheated well"
"Very good! A nice way to use all the pork we have in our fridge!"
"Being the novice of a cook that I am, I felt rather nervous attempting to cook something like this, but it ended up tasting fantastic! My family wants me to make this again as soon as possible, and I have to say that I'd be more than happy to oblige."
"This was a quick and delicious meal! The sauce actually looks exactly like the picture, which I have not found to always be true. I enjoyed and will definitely make again, Thanks!"