Applesauce Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups applesauce
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir in applesauce. Combine flour, baking soda and spices; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 223 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Applesauce Muffins
"Delicious ... and simple to make."
"LOVE them!! this is my go to muffin recipe..... I have added craisins or a shredded apple.... possibilities are endless. I use my homemade applesauce and top it with homemade apple butter..."All-Day Apple Butter Recipe"..... thanks for sharing!!"
"Excellent recipe. I had cake flour on hand so I used that, but that was the only change. I did choose to sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar mixture, but doing this made them pretty sweet. I used sweetened applesauce and I wonder if I would prefer unsweetened next time or just eliminate the the cinnamon sugar mix on top. I cooked 20 minutes and the muffin came out really tender. I would make again. I did cut the recipe in half because there are only two of us here and I am going to try freezing a few to eat at a later time."
"Delicious!I made a couple adjustments:I made half the recipe and 42 mini muffins and I used half the sugar besides. I also used whole wheat flour, omitted the walnuts, and used nutmeg instead of allspice (I didn't have any allspice on hand)"
"These were good and flavorful. Also easy to make. I think next time I will add something for a little more moisture. But overall,the recipe is a keeper"
"I was looking for a new fall desert recipe and came across this one. I made it immediately and my wife and I thought it was very good. I'll be making these again soon (with butter cream frosting)"
"Excellent muffins - followed directions exactly but only made 1/2 the recipe as it is only my husband and me. Will definitely make again."
"Good. I adjusted for altitude by taking out some of butter and sugar. Tasty!"