Apples with Red Cabbage Recipe
- 1 to 2-1/2 pounds medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 large tart apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Add apples; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 170 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Apples with Red Cabbage
"This was really good. And it looks beautiful! I suppose its not for everyone though. If you like sauerkraut you'll like this. I added a little extra sugar."
"Added more vinegar and granulated sugar"