Apples with Red Cabbage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 to 2-1/2 pounds medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 large tart apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add apples; cook 10 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 170 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
May 29, 2014
This was really good. And it looks beautiful! I suppose its not for everyone though. If you like sauerkraut you'll like this. I added a little extra sugar.
Oct 3, 2011
Added more vinegar and granulated sugar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.