- 1 to 2-1/2 pounds medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 large cooking apples, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Dash pepper
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add boiling water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add apples; cook 10 minutes more or until tender. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApples with Red Cabbage
"This was really good. And it looks beautiful! I suppose its not for everyone though. If you like sauerkraut you'll like this. I added a little extra sugar."
"Added more vinegar and granulated sugar"