- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 3 cups sweet onion slices
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove meat; set aside and keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook and stir onion in oil for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Add apple slices; cook and stir 3 minutes longer.
- Combine the water, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and rosemary. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Return meat to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forApples 'n' Onion Topped Chops
"Flavorful and something out of the ordinary. It was excellent"
"I actually grilled the chops and I cooked the onions and apples until they were pretty well caramelized--about an hour. What a hit! It was the seasoning in the onions and apples that made such a difference."
"Just cooked this for dinner tonight for the first time. Knowing the kids aren't big fans of vinegar, I was a little hesitant to add it, but since it was such a small amount, I went ahead and followed the recipe as written. It's fantastic!!!"
"My family loved this recipe, will definitely have again!!!"
"very good pork came out nice and tender"