Apple-Walnut Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 3 medium Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- For cranberry vinaigrette, combine the first seven ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Transfer to a serving dish. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, apples and walnuts. Serve with vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 29g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2014
I have made this salad for several years now. The dressing is fabulous, in my humble opinion. I look forward to fresh cranberries in the fall so I can begin making this again.
Jan 2, 2014
Delicious salad! I served this with our New Year's dinner.
Dec 2, 2012
We keep coming back to this recipe every year. My kids LOVE this dressing.
Jul 10, 2011
This is an excellent salad...I also added freshly grilled chicken. The next time I made it (being from Michigan) substituted fresh cherries for the cranberries also good.