Apple Walnut Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples and walnuts. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Cut into squares. Serve with whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 225 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 9, 2013
I have had this recipe for quite some time & have placed it in one of my Crate-O'-Recipes which I have put it to use in the past! I plan to prepare it again today! I DID make adjustments to the recipe when I'd prepared it & I used 1 Tbsp. baking powder & I'm using 1 tsp. salt! I did omit the walnuts, though!removal of the baked cake! This recipe is definitely a keeper--I have proof from the oil stains on my recipe copy! Thank you for sharing this recipe! I made it this afternoon, using a 12x8" cake pan, greased and floured, since i didn't use any of the nuts! If I HAD put nuts in the cake, I'd probably use a greased and floured 13x9x2" baking pan! delowenstein
May 26, 2012
All I can say is YUM!!!
Oct 26, 2011
Excellent!!!! Everyone at work loved it!!!
Mar 19, 2011
Very moist and tasty. I'm making it again tonight with a different type of apple. I drizzled some glaze on top for appearance.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.