Apple Walnut Crescents
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on each triangle. Place an apple quarter near the short side and roll up. Place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Press walnuts and raisins if desired into top of dough. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 177 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 10, 2012
I served these along with a pork roast. My husband said they taste like little apple pies. I made half with raisins, half without (but I tucked the raisins inside). The nuts on top were delicious! The apples inside stayed hot for quite awhile, which makes me think these would be great for a potluck.
Oct 1, 2011
Delicious! My husband and kids gobbled them up. I used half the sugar, and served them alongside TOH's creamy squash soup for a fabulous side! This would also make an impressive dessert!