Apple Walnut Crescents
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 16 triangles. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon on each triangle. Place an apple quarter near the short side and roll up. Place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Press walnuts and raisins if desired into top of dough. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake 20-24 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 177 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 10, 2012
I served these along with a pork roast. My husband said they taste like little apple pies. I made half with raisins, half without (but I tucked the raisins inside). The nuts on top were delicious! The apples inside stayed hot for quite awhile, which makes me think these would be great for a potluck.
Oct 1, 2011
Delicious! My husband and kids gobbled them up. I used half the sugar, and served them alongside TOH's creamy squash soup for a fabulous side! This would also make an impressive dessert!