Apple Turkey Potpie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 large unpeeled tart apples, cubed
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pastry for a single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the soup, turkey, apple, raisins, lemon juice and nutmeg. Spoon into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; flute edges and cut slits in top.
- Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 389 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Dec 7, 2012
Very quick and easy. However, I found 11X17 to big. I used a 9 inch pie pan and that worked much better.
Dec 15, 2010
This looks good. Does anyone know if applesauce can be substututed for the apple?
Jul 25, 2008
This is really delicious! I liked it so much the first time I made it, I made it again for my parents when I was visiting home two days later. The second time around I used 1/2 cup onion and I added 1/4 teaspoon salt.