Apple-Topped Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen brown bits. Pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup apple juice and honey; cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove chops and apples to a serving platter and keep warm, reserving pan juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork and apples.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2014
My teen daughter made this for dinner and since we were low on honey she used a bit of brown sugar. These were wonderful, light, and delicious!
Jan 10, 2011
Very good. . . Easy to make. . . Love the gravy. I seasoned the pork chops like i normally would. I really like the cooked apples. .. made the dish very light and tasty.
Jan 22, 2009
We all felt this was flavorless.
Dec 7, 2008
This was a big hit at supper. We loved it. The pork chops were moist not dry. This one falls in my favorite and rates 5*.