Apple-Topped Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add wine or broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen brown bits. Pour over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute apples in butter for 3-4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup apple juice and honey; cook for 1-2 minutes. Spoon over chops. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Remove chops and apples to a serving platter and keep warm, reserving pan juices.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining apple juice until smooth; add reserved pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork and apples.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Jul 22, 2014
My teen daughter made this for dinner and since we were low on honey she used a bit of brown sugar. These were wonderful, light, and delicious!
Jan 10, 2011
Very good. . . Easy to make. . . Love the gravy. I seasoned the pork chops like i normally would. I really like the cooked apples. .. made the dish very light and tasty.
Jan 22, 2009
We all felt this was flavorless.
Dec 7, 2008
This was a big hit at supper. We loved it. The pork chops were moist not dry. This one falls in my favorite and rates 5*.