- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cooked turkey breast
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Place apples on a microwave-safe plate; microwave, uncovered, on high 1 minute or until slightly softened.
- Lightly spread toasts with mustard. Layer half of the toasts with turkey, cucumber, cheese and apples; top with remaining toasts. Yield: 4 sandwiches
Reviews forApple-Swiss Turkey Sandwiches
"I needed a quick easy lunch and this fit the bill. I didn't microwave the apple, but I thought it and the cucumber (both at room temp) provided a nice contrast to the warm toast. I used whole wheat bread in place of the multigrain bread. If I make this again, I think I'd add more honey mustard. I also might add a slice of a tangier cheese to offset the muted flavors of the Swiss."
"This is my go to sandwich the day after Thanksgiving. I don't microwave the apple as there is no need because I make these as paninis. The apples get warm and soften up a tad in the press. Love the heartiness of the bread, but Texas Toast can also be used if your family isn't into the health breads."
"This was interesting. Made this for lunch today when dh came home. Good healthy toppings and the honey mustard makes it but it was missing something and it was dill. That made all the difference. Husband agreed."
"Best Sandwhich i ever made! i actually didnt have swiss cheese and i dont like honey mustard so i used provolone cheese and mayo and mustard."