With just six ingredients, you and a companion can indulge in these warm appel-topped sundaes. From Kerry Dingwall of Ponte Vedra, Florida, this dessert is guilt-free and luscious, too.
Recommended: Slow Cooker Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small saucepan, combine the apples, water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Divide half of the vanilla wafer crumbs between two dessert dishes. Top with frozen yogurt and the apple mixture; sprinkle with remaining wafer crumbs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Delight in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p45