Apple Stuffing Muffins Recipe
Take stuffing one step further with these fun single-serving portions baked in a muffin pan. The apples really keep them fresh, and even kids love them. —Tamara Huron, New Market, Alabama
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups stuffing mix
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat butter and oil. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add the apples, salt, rosemary and pepper; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth, cranberries and parsley.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups with a heaping 1/2 cup scoop. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Apple Stuffing Muffins
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2013
"very tasty, didn't hold together too well though"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC