- 1 medium acorn squash, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle squash with salt. In a skillet, saute apple slices and raisins in butter until apples are tender. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into squash halves; place in a baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forApple-Stuffed Squash
"I used cranberries instead of raisins. I will definitely make this again!"