- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups soft bread cubes
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 6 pork loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; add bread, apples, celery, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; sprinkle inside and outside with pepper and remaining salt. Spoon stuffing loosely into pockets. In a large skillet, brown the chops on both sides in oil. Place in an ungreased large baking pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear. Make gravy from pan juices if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forApple-Stuffed Pork Chops
"Very good and easy to make-- the prep time is dead on if you use your food processor to chop everything, but if you have to hand chop everything double your prep time at least. I can't wait to see how it does for lunch and dinner this week. I would like a bit more sweetness, so I'd probably use some apple juice in the dish in the oven."
"Our whole family loved this :)"
"We absolutely love this recipe in the fall. Something about the mixture of pork and apples, yum! The 15 minute prep time is a little understated, they usually take me quite a while to prep... but it's worth it! Definitely a family favorite!"
"I love stuffed pork chops, and this recipe is very good! It's definitely going into my "keeper" file. I like to brown the chops before cutting the pocket and stuffing, so that stuffing doesn't fall out."
"very good & fast to make!"