Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side up in a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Fill centers with apple. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 seconds or until butter is melted. Drizzle over squash. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 11g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple-Stuffed Acorn Squash
"Very good! Loved the cooked apples stirred into the cooked squash while enjoying this side dish. One note, the squash wasn't done after full hour of cooking. Removed them from oven and microwaved, covered with saran in microwave safe dish for an additional 5 minutes. Turned out perfect."