- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour and sugar. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool. Place apples in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. Pour over crust. Toss baked apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Arrange apples over cream cheese layer; drizzle with any remaining cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle with nuts Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes longer or until set. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Use a sharp knife to cut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forApple Strudel Cheesecake
"Great cheese cake, loved the apple strudel thing."
"This cheesecake has become a family favorite. It is made with less cream cheese than a normal cheesecake, so it is not "quite" as filling as a traditional cheesecake. The apple cinnamon and nut topping is fantastic!"
"This is a wonderful recipe. I can see this becoming a family favorite."
"My family and I didn't care much for this cheesecake. We had high hopes for it as we all love cheesecake and also apples, but reminded us of a cheesecake we could have purchased at the grocery store. My 17 y/o thinks it would be better with a graham cracker crust and I agree. She is also allergic to nuts, so I didn't use them and they may be a necessary ingredient."
"I received many compliments on this cheesecake and would make it again. Very nice flavors and looked beautiful too."
"Great recipe. Saved in my recipe box and will definitely try it. It looks beautiful, too. Thank you. Love the way you can save recipes here."