Apple Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° to 130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in remaining flour and apples. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, combine the topping ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring until blended. Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stir dough down. Spoon walnut-size pieces of dough over nut mixture. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before inverting onto a large serving platter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 315 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2012
Excellent. I have made these for 3 years on Christmas day--as a newly married wife, it's my new family tradition and my husband loves these! Not to sweet, and very moist.
Sep 15, 2009
Incredibly easy for a yeast bread. I love the cinnamon/apple pairing. I will definitely grace my table with this yummy bread again!!