Apple, onion and bacon flavor this crunchy salad from Roberta Ashcraft of Twin Falls, Idaho. "After eating a similar salad at a restaurant, I concocted my own version," Roberta relates. "The dressing gets its zip from chili powder and hot pepper sauce."
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a salad bowl, toss the spinach, apple, bacon, onion and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2005, p56
Reviews forApple Spinach Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2014
"Although am not in favor of chili powder/hot sauce, saving recipe. Glad to notice it is **diabetic friendly**."