Apple Snack Squares Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and oil. Stir in flour and cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples and nuts. Spread into greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chips.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 253 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Apple Snack Squares
"Very, very good. It's a moist and dense desert. Loved it and will be sure to make for my next potluck and take copies of the recipe."
"Very nutritious... easy to prepare . I will prepare it again"
"Really great and easy recipe.. Just loved it :)"
"One of my go to recipes for potlucks. It's a great easy recipe, that's different than the normal brownies or cookies people bring. A keeper!"
"Simple yet tasty! A small serving goes a long way with this dense, sweet treat."
"I absolutely love these bars. I have been making these for our harvest crew during harvest time for a couple years now and all the guys just love them. Great alternative to the usual cookie."
"This turned out fantastic. Will definitely make again!"
"heavy, moist and sweet. A favorite with the work and therapy girls. Much requested recipe."
"One of my go-to recipes! Really different and well received by all. Delicious!"
"A great fall treat!~ Theresa"
"Made it for a brunch at church everyone loved it, passed on the recipe"
"I would make time and again and have passed the recipe on. Very good."
"1 1/2 tsp baking powder to 1cupof flour"