Apple Sausage Puffs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and apple over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Place 1 tablespoon filling on the long side of each triangle. Roll up, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 165 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 16, 2013
Two of my boys will not eat cheese. Finding a breakfast dish that has no cheese (that's visual) is next to impossible. I too love the simplicity of this recipe and I love the idea of the ingredients, I cannot wait for them to try it!
Dec 7, 2013
I loved the simplicity of these and when I made these I added diced sharp cheddar, fine minced onion,. We actually had these for a light supper with a salad, very nice!
Oct 22, 2013
This was great! So easy even I couldn't mess it up.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.