Apple-Sausage Meatball Sandwiches
I love apples with sausage. I also love apple pie with cheddar cheese so I thought why not combine all three flavors together.—Pearl Ward, Hulmeville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 20 raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- In a large bowl, toss apple with cinnamon. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 20 balls; insert a raisin in each meatball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook meatballs in batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with meatballs.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Apple Pie Sausage Meatball Sandwich in tasteofhome.com