Apple-Sausage Meatball Sandwiches
I love apples with sausage. I also love apple pie with cheddar cheese so I thought why not combine all three flavors together.—Pearl Ward, Hulmeville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 20 raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, toss apple with cinnamon. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 20 balls; insert a raisin in each meatball.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook meatballs in batches until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with meatballs.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.