Apple Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
My vegetarian friend inspired me to create this dish when she was longing for a great Gyro with lots of cucumber. I made this salad instead, with some pita bread for scooping, and it turned out to be a real treat.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, sliced and halved
- 1 medium Jonagold or other sweet apple, sliced and halved
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leek (white portion only)
- 1/2 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated peeled English cucumber, patted dry
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Add to apple mixture; toss to coat.
Originally published as Apple Twist Tzatziki Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.