Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
The delightful salad brings so many compliments. The balsamic vinegar dressing has a pleasant taste and nicely coats the apples, endive and other salad ingredients.—Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8 servings. (1 cup vinaigrette)
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium red apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium green apples, thinly sliced
- 2 cups endive
- 1 block (4 ounces) brick cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. In a salad bowl, combine the apples, endive, cheese, pecans and onion. Drizzle desired amount of vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate leftover vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 234 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Apple Salad with Maple Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.