Apple Rice Salad
With the classic combination of apples, celery and walnuts, this creamy side tastes like a jazzed up version of Waldorf salad. It complements most meat entrees or can be served on a bed of lettuce as a vegetarian dish.—Linda Bankauskas, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, apples, walnuts, celery, cranberries and juice. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
To Make Ahead: Cook rice ahead of time and refrigerate for up to 3 days.