- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl, beat oil, eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves and baking powder; beat into the egg mixture. Stir in apples, raisins and nuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forApple Raisin Quick Bread
"Hi Roseluongo,bread flour would not be appropriate in this recipe. With it's higher protein, you wouldn't have the same result as using all-purpose.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"Can you substitute bread flour for all purpose flour?"
"This is a very delicious bread. I have made this using craisins and I have also used chopped dates. The clove is wonderful. I have found that I can lower the amount of sugar quite a bit, it is sweet enough for me with 1&3/4 cup of sugar."
"This is delicious! Just be sure to let the bread cool completely before taking out of the pan, or it will fall apart"