Apple-Raisin Meat Loaf
You won't believe just how good this recipe is until you try it. We grow our own grapes and process them into raisins.—Linda Miller, Lodi, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Add ground beef; mix well. Pat mixture into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 223 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Apple-Raisin Meat Loaf in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.