Apple Raisin Crepes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- For batter, in a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk water and oil. Combine flour and sugar; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, sugar, raisins and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender; set aside.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 3 tablespoons of batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- With a slotted spoon, fill each crepe with 1/4 cup of apples; roll up. On a lightly greased griddle or in a large skillet, cook crepes over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately with remaining sauce from apples.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 488 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 92g carbohydrate (63g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 4, 2015
These are a nice breakfast treat. They are sweet however not too overly sweet for first thing in the morning. The cinnamon is an excellent addition to these. We also added a tsp of vanilla to the apple compote after it was done saut?ing. I cut the recipe in half which since it is just my husband and the batter still worked well. Also there is no need to peel the apples we all could use a little additional fiber in our diets. I also used skim milk to decrease the saturated fat and they turned out perfectly fine.
Jan 2, 2014
Made everything ahead of time so was quick to make for breakfast.. A hitCrepes mixture seemed a little thick so added a little more milk.... Used a stainless steel fry pan and worked out well.
Dec 25, 2009
this is our new Christmas tradition... I love dark chocolate so I melted some and put on instead of confectioners sugar. My family loved it! thank you
Oct 20, 2009
This is a fantastic recipe.