Apple Raisin Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (10 inches)
- 7 to 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Dash salt, optional
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Make favorite pastry; line bottom of pie tin with one crust and set aside. Combine apple slices, sugar, flour, spices, raisins, salt and lemon peel; mix together well. Spoon filling into pastry-lined pan; dot with butter. Cover with top crust decorated with steam vents; seal edges. Cut a 1-in. circle from dough in center of top crust.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes. Remove pie from oven; slowly pour cream into center hole of top crust. Return to oven; bake 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.(Refrigerate leftovers.) Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 552 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Apple Raisin Cream Pie
"This is truly the best pie in the world. I've been making it since it won in Country Woman in 1990 or something like that... Unusual, and brilliant."