"For a light breakfast, lunch or brunch entree, this fluffy baked pancake is very little fuss," assures Sharon Emery , New Burnside, Illinois. "It's economical too."
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Add eggs, milk and butter. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, combine the chopped apple, jelly and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook and stir until jelly is melted. Cut pancake into fourths; place two pieces on each plate. Top with apple mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Apple Puff Pancake in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p11
Reviews forApple Puff Pancake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review