Apple Prosciutto Bruschetta
This is a simple but delicious holiday appetizer. I use Honeycrisp apples but you can use whatever apples you have handy. For adult parties, I add a splash of cream sherry wine for an extra-special flavor. —Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 2 ounces finely chopped prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cream sherry or apple juice, optional
- 36 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Preheat oven to 375°. For topping, combine first seven ingredients and, if desired, sherry.
- Place baguette slices on foil-lined baking sheets. Top each with 1 rounded tablespoon topping. Bake until lightly browned and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 36 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Apple Prosciutto Bruschetta in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.