Apple Pound Cake Recipe
An apple cider glaze makes each slice of this rich pound cake nice and sweet. It's a favorite fall treat at our house. —Mary Martin, Madison, North Carolina
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- APPLE CIDER GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in apples, almonds and raisins. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire tack to cool completely.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Prick top of cake with a fork; drizzle with glaze. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 489 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Apple Pound Cake
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC