Apple Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 29, 2013
Delicious! I used apple cider instead of chicken broth and apple juice. I added a tablespoon of brown sugar to apple onion mixture and a tablespoon of brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of rosemary to sauce.
Mar 11, 2013
Sounds good, but I've been searching for unsweetened apple juice for 6 months now. Any suggestions?
Mar 26, 2012
We grilled the pork chops vs. cooking on the range, then let them simmer in the apple sauce. Both my husband and I still think it was a good recipe with lots of flavor.
Sep 25, 2011
I made this for my family, and it was good. It is perfect for the fall. The apples were flavorful and delicious, but the gravy was not as tasty as I hoped. Next time I will add more spices, but there will be a next time! :)
Sep 21, 2011
Bland, not much flavor.
Feb 18, 2011
It was good! I like the sweetness of the apple with the mustard..I only had sweet onion mustard but I think it went well.