- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1 each: 221 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.